Update Notice:We would like to warn our readers of a recent report suggesting that Bubbles contains cryptocurrency-mining malware. Therefore, we would like ask you to reconsider installing this addon, especially since there are numerous other options available. Also, don’t forget to secure your connection via a VPN when using Kodi.
The Bubbles Kodi addon is one of the kind. Even though you will find numerous fully-working addons for Kodi, they mostly work the same way. The biggest difference between them is in the way they search the Web for media streaming links. The Bubbles addon takes a different approach that might be a bit more complicated than you hoped for. This is why we’ve decided to publish an in-depth guide on all you need to know about the Bubbles Kodi addon.
Disclaimer: We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. Husham.com doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. Husham.com is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data. This means that using Kodi to stream copyrighted content might get you into legal trouble. Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
Bubbles Kodi Addon: Overview
You already know that there are different ways to enjoy media on the Web. Aside from YouTube, you can find numerous media streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video. The same applies to Kodi – especially to third-party addons. These addons typically use unofficial sources on the Web to bring you movies and TV shows. The Bubbles addon has decided to change this. This addon integrates with several popular tools for easy media streaming. Let’s learn more about this addon.
How to Install the Bubbles Kodi Addon?
As you can imagine, we’ll first talk about how to install this interesting addon for Kodi. Then, we’ll talk about setting it up and finally, about how to use it. If you continue reading, you will find a detailed installation guide, followed by a series of screenshots. Hopefully, this will be more than enough for you to learn how to get Bubbles on your Kodi.
Since Bubbles is a third-party addon, you need to make sure that your Kodi supports this kind of extensions. This isn’t the case by default. Remember that you must do the following steps that will allow you to install Bubbles. Continue reading.
- Open Kodi and go to this application’s Settings. This is done by clicking on the gear icon in the top-left corner;
- Now click on ‘System Settings’;
- Make sure to pick ‘Add-ons’ in the sidebar. Then, find ‘Unknown Sources’ on the right side of the screen;
- Toggle the switch to ON. This will trigger a warning, but feel free to dismiss it;
- Finally, double-check if you’ve enabled support for unknown sources (third-party addons).
Let’s take a look at how you can install the Bubbles Kodi addon. As you are about to see, you’ll have to install this addon a bit differently than usual. Don’t worry, we’ll take you through every step of the way.
- Open your Web browser and go to bubbles4kodi.com/;
- Now click on ‘Download Repo’. Wait for the ZIP file to be downloaded to your computer;
- Launch Kodi and go to ‘Add-ons’ in the left-placed main menu;
- Click on the open box icon in the top-left corner;
- Now select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- You should see a pop-up at this point. You will need to navigate to the ZIP file you’ve just downloaded. For example, if it’s saved to your Desktop (on Windows machines), you can go to C: > Users > Your User Name > Desktop. Click on the ZIP file to install it;
So far, you’ve installed a repository that contains this addon. Now we need to install Bubbles on your Kodi.
- Return to Kodi’s Home Screen and click on ‘Add-ons’;
- Click on the open box icon in the top-left corner;
- This time, pick ‘Install from Repository’;
- Locate and open the ‘Bubbles Repository 1’ folder. Then, open the Video Add-ons folder.
- At this point, you should see ‘Bubbles’ as one of the options. Click on this entry and use the ‘Install’ button in the bottom-right corner;
- We also recommend you to install an addon named Quasar. This is because Bubbles relies on this addon to bring fully-working media streams.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed the Bubbles Kodi addon. You can go ahead and locate it in the Add-ons section of Kodi.
Bubbles Kodi Addon: Configuration Wizard
As we have told you previously, Bubbles is a different kind of Kodi addon. This can be seen the first time you launch it. You’ll be presented with different options, but you’ll end up with the Configuration Wizard no matter what you click on. We highly recommend going through this Wizard, so you can set up and fine-tune this addon. Let’s take a closer look at this process:
- The first will welcome you to the Automatic Configuration Wizard. Even though you can use at a later time, it’s wise to click on ‘YES’ and begin this process right away;
- Next, you can set up your primary (and then secondary and tertiary) language. If English is set as your primary language, you can decide to keep or change it;
- You’ll be asked to set up your Trakt.TV account. We have written about using Trakt.TV with Kodi, which is a service that allows you to download metadata and track your favorite movies and TV shows. This service can be used free-of-charge. Read more about Trakt.TV and decide whether you’d like to use it;
- During the next step, you can activate your FanArt account. This tool will download colorful backgrounds for movies and TV shows. You can skip that for now, and return to this option at a later time;
- Finally, we’ve come to three paid services: Premiumize, Real Debrid, and EasyNews. Scroll down to learn more about each of these services and their roles;
- There are two steps left. You’ll be asked set providers for media streams as well as to enable torrent providers. You don’t have to pick anything, which means that you can skip selecting media streams and enable torrents.
What is Premiumize?
Premiumize is subscription-based service that promises to brings a wide range of content. In other words, it promises to let you use torrents and Usenet files – without any fear of being detected by your Internet Service Provider. However, we cannot test these claims. This is why we have recommended you to use IPVanish, which is a reliable and fully working VPN designed for Kodi.
What is Real Debrid?
According to this service’s website, Real Debrid is an ‘unrestricted downloaded’. In other words, it makes sure you can download and stream movies to the best of your Internet speed. In addition, it allows you to stop and resume downloading files.
This tool is popular in the Kodi community, so it’s up to you whether you’d like to use it.
What is Easy News?
This service provides Bubbles more choices when it comes to media streaming. When you use Bubbles on its own, it relies on Web-based streams and torrents. However, EasyNews brings Usenet which is a type of distributed service network. We recommend trying this option only if you fail to find your favorite movies and TV shows within the Bubbles Kodi Addon.
Bubbles Kodi Addon: A Walkthrough
As you can tell by now, the Bubbles addon is an incredibly complex addon. However, you can’t see this by taking a look at its simple interface. So, let’s take a look at what you can expect from this addon.
The first category you’ll see is the Movies section. When you open this category, you will see six sub-categories that allow you to filter the available content. These sub-categories are Favorites, Arrivals, Categories, Lists, People, and Search. As you can see, there are many different ways since even sub-categories bring narrower filtering options. You can also learn more about alternative movie addons for Kodi if you’d like to make your options a bit wider.
When it comes to TV shows, this category is practically the same as the previous category. You can filter the available content by categories or you can use the search option to find something specific.
This is where you can watch documentary films. We are sure you are going to enjoy what’s offered here is you care for educative movies. We’d also like to say that you can find other great documentary addons for Kodi. Either way, there’s a lot of content you can enjoy on your Kodi.
As its name implies, this is where you can find short films. If you like this kind of content, you will be more than happy with the Bubbles Kodi addon. Everything we said about the other categories applies to this one as well.
Finally, we have arrived at the last content category within the Bubbles addon. As you can see, this category shows that Bubbles can be a great choice for your entire family. In case you can’t find your kids’ favorite cartoons here, don’t forget to check out other cartoon addons for Kodi.
Search & Tools
These two main menu items are self-explanatory. You can search the addon for specific titles and narrow down your choices in several ways. The Tools item is where you can re-run the Configuration Wizard and sign-up for premium services at any moment.
What’s Next: Additional Resources
Before we conclude this article, we’d like to show you additional resources on Husham.com. These can be used to compare the Bubbles Kodi addon to other popular alternatives. Here are out suggestions.
- When it comes to the most popular addons, these are Bennu, Covenant, and Elektra Vault. All of these can be used to watch 4K movies, TV shows, sports programming, cartoons, and more;
- Finally, we’d like to tell you that can use customized builds for Kodi. In general, builds completely overhaul Kodi’s interface and they bring a bunch of different addons all at once. Here’s an overview of the best Kodi builds, where you’ll find more than 20 options.
We sincerely hope that you’ve managed to install the Bubbles Kodi addon. No matter if you choose to use premium services or not, this addon will keep you occupied and entertained for hours to come.
In case you’ve found this article to be helpful, why not share it across social networks? Let’s spread the word about the Bubbles addon.