In this guide, I will show you how to install Mobdro on FireStick / Fire TV / Fire TV Cube. Mobdro is an IPTV service that offers you access to live TV channels from around the world for free. I have literally downloaded and used dozens of live TV apps, but Mobdro is the only one I have remained loyal to for the longest time. If you love to watch live TV on FireStick (or for that matter any Android device), I strongly recommend you give Mobdro a shot.
Mobdro has an exhaustive library of satellite channels. You can watch News, Shows, Movies, Sports, Music, Educational content, and just about everything you can think of. This app is well supported and regularly updated to keep it free of bugs and glitches.
The only little challenge I have experienced with this app is related to navigation. While for the most part, it is remote-friendly, when you open the list of channels, it scrolls left to right as well as top to bottom. That makes things a bit inconvenient. Thankfully, it has an effective search option, that finds anything you are looking for. Just type in the name of the content or TV channel and the app will look it up for you within its huge media library. The fact that I get access to just about every channel I want to watch at one place, and that the app is fast, streams videos in high quality, almost without buffering, clearly overshadows its little shortcoming.
Steps to Install Mobdro App on Fire Stick
The security setting of FireStick would not let you download such an app by default unless you have enabled the option Apps from Unknown Sources. So, here is how you can do that:
- Power on your Fire Stick and from the main-screen select Settings option from the menu bar on the top
- When the following menu appears, scroll to the right and open Device
- Now select and click Developer options
- If Apps from Unknown Sources is OFF, go ahead and click it to turn it ON
- When prompted, click Turn On. It is a warning message but don’t worry about it. Mobdro is a tried, tested app. It is safe.
When you have turned ON the Apps from Unknown sources, you can go ahead and install the Mobdro app on FireStick. It’s easy. But, you will need an app that can download the Mobdro APK from the web.
FireStick can do a lot of things but it won’t let you download the APK files directly from the web browsers. I have tried Silk Browser, FireFox, nothing works.
That’s alright! If you want to sideload apps on FireStick, nothing does it better than the Downloader app. It is one of the first apps you must install when you get your FireStick, Fire TV or Fire TV Cube device.
Downloader is the part of Amazon Store. Hence, you should not have any difficulty installing it. All you need to do is access the Search option of FireStick from the home-screen (this option is on the far left on the top). Look up for the Downloader app by typing the name of the app. Follow the onscreen instructions and install Downloader.
Now that you have Downloader, let’s install Mobdro on FireStick. Here are the steps:
- Launch the Downloader app and you will notice that it opens with the Home option (on the left) selected by default.
- On the right of the Downloader main-screen (with Home selected) is the field to enter the source URL of the APK file you wish to download.
Click the field and the onscreen keyboard will pop.
- Use the onscreen keyboard and enter the following source URL: bit.ly/mdroapk
When you are done typing, hit GO
- Downloader app is designed to instantly start downloading the APK file. So, allow it the time it needs to download Mobdro APK on FireStick. It won’t take too long. Mobdro is a lightweight app.
- As soon as the Mobdro APK is downloaded, Downloader will execute it and initiate the installation of the app. You must now see the following prompt with Next button on the bottom right
- Navigate to the bottom right and Next button will change to Install button. Click the Install button to continue
- Now wait for your FireStick device to install Mobdro. It usually takes less than two minutes.
- When Mobdro is installed on FireStick, you are presented with the following prompt saying App Installed.
As you see, it has two buttons on the bottom. If you click Open, you will be able to run the Mobdro app on FireStick straightaway.
But, that’s not what we want right now. Let’s click Done and go back to the Downloader interface. We will delete the Mobdro APK file.
This APK file is not required after the app is installed. Deleting will clear up space.
- Click the button Delete
- Click the button Delete again to finally delete the file
You have successfully downloaded, installed Mobdro on FireStick with the help of Downloader app. You have also successfully deleted the Mobdro APK file.
How to Access Mobdro?
When you install any app on FireStick, it won’t appear on the home screen. Instead, it will go to your apps library called Your Apps & Channels and sit in the bottom.
- Long press the Home button on your FireStick remote until you see the following screen on your TV:
Click Apps on this screen to go to your apps library
- Using the down navigation button on your remote, scroll down to the bottom and select the Mobdro app icon
- You can click the app to open it.
If you want to move the app to the FireStick home-screen, press the Menu button on the remote (it is the button on the left with three horizontal lines).
A pop-up menu is displayed on the lower right corner.
Click Move to Front to move the app in the first row at the first spot, ahead of all other apps.
If you want to place the app at any specific spot, click Move instead in the pop-up menu. Drag the app icon using the navigation buttons on your remote to the spot where you want it. Press the Select button on the remote to drop the app
That’s how you can move the app in the top row and access it from the home screen.
Mobdro is a live TV app for Android that works just as well on FireStick. Install Mobdro on your Fire Stick / Fire TV or Fire TV Cube and enjoy endless hours of live TV. Whether you are looking for the channels from the US or UK, you will find it all here. Go ahead and give it a try! Also, check out how you can jailbreak your Fire Stick and access tons of free content using Kodi Addons and Builds.
Disclaimer – Husham.com.com do not host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Liked the Guide? Support me
Written by David Minister
Last Updated on