In this tutorial, I will show you how to install the NitronX build on Kodi. You can use the instructions provided in this guide on FireStick / 4K, Fire TV / Cube, Android and iOS, Android TV, Windows, Mac, Linux, and all the devices that support Kodi.
NitronX is one of the newer Kodi builds as I write this guide. It uses the Xonfluence skin and offers a user-friendly, easy to use layout. The Xonfluence skin is also used by another popular build Xontech.
NitronX is a streaming-friendly build as it comes preinstalled with many popular video add-ons for movies, shows, cable TV, and more.
We have added this build to our list of the Best Builds for Kodi.
How to install NitronX Build on Kodi
Read: How to install and use a Kodi VPN
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources
This is the first part because you need to have Unknown Sources enabled to install the third-party builds like NitronX. By default, it is off.
Here are the steps:
Launch the Kodi app. On the home screen, you will find the gear icon in the upper-left section.
1. Click this icon and open the Kodi Settings
2. On the next window, click Systems from the following set of options
3. You can now see Add-ons on the left part of the next screen. Select/click it
4. Now, go to the right part of the same window
You can see Unknown Sources here. It must be turned ON if it is disabled
Just click it one time
5. This message will now pop up. Go ahead and click Yes in order to proceed.
This configures the Kodi app to allow the installation of NitronX Kodi builds.
Part 2: Install Nitron Build Wizard
Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings window one more time (by choosing the gear icon on the home screen)
From the following set of options on the following screen, click File manager
2. Now, click the option Add source (it is on both left and right and you can click either)
Double click if you use Kodi on a computer
3. You should now see this window popping up
Here, we click the section where it shows
I check the URL twice to make sure I typed it right. Typos will cause installation issues later.
5. When you are on this window again, highlight the area where it asks you to enter the name of the media source
You can choose any name you like
I am going with nitron
6. You may now press the back button once. It will take you to the Settings window again
Now, we click the option Add-ons
7. On the following screen, click Install from zip file
8. On this popup window, you will find the source name you typed earlier. Click the source name (nitron in our case)
9. Now, we will click the zip file displayed on the next screen: repository.NitronRepo.zip
10. Wait while the Nitron Repo is being installed. It takes few seconds
You should see Nitron Repo Add-on installed in the upper-right area of the display
11. Now, go ahead and open the option Install from repository
12. You see the Nitron Repo on the subsequent window. Go ahead and click it.
13. Open the option Program add-ons
14. Next, click Nitron Wizard
15. On the following window, we click the Install button
16. We wait now! Nitron Wizard Add-on installed message is displayed in the upper-right part of the window
17. Click Dismiss when this popup is displayed (it will appear immediately after the installation of the Wizard)
18. Click Continue to proceed (or just press the back button)
To access the list of builds from the home screen, click Ignore and jump to the next section
Part 3: Install NitronX Kodi build from the Nitron Wizard
Now that you have installed the Wizard, we can install the NitronX build as well.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the Kodi home screen. Now, go to Add-ons > Program add-ons
Click the Nitron Wizard
2. Click the option (Nitron) Builds on the following screen
3. Under Leia Builds section, click NitronX
4. Click Fresh Install
I prefer Fresh Install as it resets Kodi to the default settings and gives me a fresh start
You may use Standard Install if you are updating the build or you want to retain some of the saved Kodi data. However, builds work best when installed from scratch.
5. If you clicked Fresh Install in the last step, this popup is displayed. Go ahead and click Continue in order to proceed
6. NitronX build will begin to download. It will take a few minutes (depending upon the server load as well as your connection speed)
7. When the build has downloaded, it will install. Again, this takes a few minutes. So, let’s just wait.
Once the installation is finished, Kodi will close automatically. You may restart the Kodi app and start using the NitronX build.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
How to use NitronX Kodi build
To access the build, you simply need to reopen Kodi. You will notice that the default Kodi interface is gone and it has this new interface:
This build offers the following categories on the main screen you can use for streaming:
- TV Shows
- Devs Picks
- Movie Mosts
The build has the standard layout with the main menu and submenu. Upon selecting a category for streaming, the featured titles are displayed on the top, related genres/categories appear in the submenu, and the related addons line up near the bottom.
For instance, I have chosen the Movies category in the image above. You can see the suggested titles above the menu bar. The related categories, such as Popular, Premiers, Years, appear in the submenu. Also, the related addons are visible around the bottom.
NitronX features several video add-ons that come preinstalled with the build. To access the list of the addons, select Nitron-X in the main menu and click Video add-ons in the submenu
You will find addons like Deja Vu, Numbers, Bumblebee, ReleaseBB, Sportowa, The Magic Dragon, VooDoo, and more.
However, even the build is being regularly updated, it still features many defunct addons too.
How to set up Real Debrid with NitronX Build
NitronX Kodi build features several addons that can fetch multiple working streams. However, when you configure Real Debrid with the build, you notice that the quality of streaming links has enhanced dramatically.
Also Read: How to set up and use Real Debrid on Kodi
You will see a prompt with the authorization code
In a browser, visit real-debrid.com/device
Sign in with your Real Debrid account (in case you are not signed in already)
Type in the code on the prompt to authorize Real Debrid
So, this is pretty much it about the NitronX build on Kodi. It looks like a simple, hassle-free build with a familiar layout. It has plenty of pre-installed add-ons to get you started immediately. You can also set up Real Debrid with the build quite easily. All in all, NitronX looks like a decent Kodi build. You may give it a try.
Click here to get Secret Cord-Cutting Tricks directly to your inbox.
Legal Disclaimer – Husham.com.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure – Husham.com.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More
Written by David Minister
User Review( votes)
Last Updated on