After numerous popular addons went offline a while back, this made us search for alternatives. As you probably know, there are hundreds of Kodi addons out there. However, not all of them work as they should. Some bring plenty of bad links, while others perform badly. Don’t worry, we are here to help. In this article, we will tell you about one of the best addons for educational films. We think you are going to love it, so here’s how to install Documented.HD Kodi addon.
Disclaimer: We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. Husham.com doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. Husham.com is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you must NOT USE Kodi without VPN?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addons where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons are a scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top rated Kodi VPN so far.
Get the #1 Rated Kodi VPN
All You Need To Know About Documented.HD Kodi Addon
So, what can you expect from this addon? As its name says, it’s all about documentaries. It brings a nicely designed interface with plenty of different content categories. You can find both new documentaries, as well as some hidden gems from the past. In addition, Documented.HD scrapes numerous sources from the Web, which means you’ll always find a fully-working stream. Sounds interested, right? Keep on reading.
You might be surprised to know that Documented.HD isn’t a new addon. It’s been around for more than one year. However, it changed several developers and had some downtime. At the moment, you can find the Documented.HD Kodi addon in the TVAddons repository. That’s why we’ll teach you how to install this repository and then find the addon.
Before we continue, you need to make sure that your Kodi is ready for third-party addons. So, make sure to read the next segment very carefully.
Important Note: By default, Kodi doesn’t allow you to install third-party addons. Instead, this application allows addons that are found in its official repository. Don’t worry, we can fix this issue quickly. All you need is to visit the settings and make a few tweaks.
Before proceeding with the installation, here’s how to enable unknown sources on Kodi. Make sure to go through this guide, and then come back. In case you’ve installed third-party addons before, you can jump to the next segment immediately.
Steps to Install Documented.HD Addon on Kodi
There are different ways to install the Documented.HD Kodi addon. We are going to tell you how to use Git Browser and download this addon from GitHub. This way, you will know how to install just about any addon from GitHub which will come in handy. So, let’s start.
- Open Kodi and click on the Gear icon in the top-left corner;
- Now, open the File Manager;
- Take a look at the left side of the screen where you’ll see a folder named ‘Add Source’. Double-click on this folder;
- Using a newly opened pop-up, click on ‘
- Kodi will now ask you for a Web address of the source you want to add. Go ahead and type in the following URL: fusion.tvaddons.co. Then, click on ‘OK’;
- Before we end this step, we need to provide a name. You can go with ‘Fusion’. Click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up;
- Return to the Home Page of Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu;
- Next, click on the Open box icon (top-left corner);
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Using a pop-up, navigate to Fusion > Kodi-Repos > English. In here, find and click on the file named ‘repository.xbmchub.zip’. Wait a few moments until this repo is installed;
- Next, select ‘Install from Repository’;
- Go to TVADDONS.CO Add-on Repository > Services > Git Browser. Click on the addon’s name, and then use the ‘Install’ button;
- Wait for a few moments until this addon is installed;
Up until now, you have installed an addon named Git Browser. Developer by TVAddons, this is a very simple tool that makes it easy to install any addon found on GitHub. We’ll now use this addon to install the Documented.HD Kodi Addon. Let’s keep going.
- Return to Kodi’s Home Screen and click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu;
- Next, select ‘Program Add-ons’;
- This is where you’ll see the Git Browser. Click on its icon;
- Once the addon opens, click on the first option, named ‘Search by GitHub Username’;
- You should now click on ‘New Search’. Then, search for ‘frenchdj’ who is the developer of Documented.HD;
- You’ll see a few different options. Click on the file named ‘plugin.video.documented.hd.zip’;
- Kodi will ask you to confirm the installation so click on ‘Install’;
- Once the process is done, you can restart Kodi or continue. We recommend restating Kodi manually;
- That’s it! Open the Add-ons section and this is where you’ll see Documented.HD. Enjoy!
What to Expect from Documented.HD Addon?
In short, you can expect hundreds of documentaries about different topics. There are many different ways to check out the available content and find something interesting. Let’s take a look at the home screen of the addon.
- Favorites: The first category comes empty by default. When you find something you’d like to watch, right-click on that title. Then, add it to your favorites.
- Search: As its name says, this is where you can search for something specific. Your best bet is to try with a title.
- New: In case you don’t know what to watch, this category is for you. This is where you’ll find recently added titles that deal with a wide range of topics. When you find something interesting, just click on the movie’s title and it will begin playing in a few moments.
- Music: The Documented.HD Kodi addon brings music documentaries separated into three topics: sound, rock, and electronic. The rock section brings close to 30 titles.
- Technology: This section brings everything from biographies of popular IT individuals, stories about digital exploitations, up to 3D weapon printing.
- Society: A number of today’s documentaries are dealing with modern society and environment. In case you want to know more about this, here’s your chance.
- Crime: From stories about drugs, up to documentaries about serial killers. If this if your area of interest, you will find several subcategories to explore.
- Oppression: This category is about politics, democracy, and terrorism. It features a number of films about North Korea, which might be interesting to watch.
- Unreal: The last category is about miscellaneous topics that you can’t find elsewhere.
Alternative to Documented.HD Kodi Addon
Before we let you go, we would like to provide a few additional resources. You can use these to learn more about Kodi and expand your content library.
- You should know that Documented.HD is the best niche addon of its kind. However, your spectrum of choices doesn’t have to stop here. Check out the best Kodi addons for documentaries.
- Those interested in learning more about this application can read our comprehensive Kodi guide. This is where we talk about the basics as well as more advanced topics related to using Kodi;
- Finally, our list of the best legal Kodi addons is a great way to explore official addons. Check it out.
We hope that you have managed to install the Documented.HD Kodi addon. In case you’re struggling with something, don’t hesitate to post a comment. We would gladly help.
As always, we would like to ask you to share this article online. Let other people know about this amazing addon. Thanks!
Written by David Minister