Kaspersky VPN is one of the freemium VPNs which offers server locations across 24 countries. Also, it has dedicated optimized servers for streaming services like Netflix. By creating a virtual IP, you can access all kinds of geo-restricted content with ease. The following guide will show the necessary steps to install and use Kaspersky VPN on Amazon Firestick devices.
Is Kaspersky VPN available for Firestick?
No. Kaspersky VPN is not available for Firestick devices. Currently, it is only available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. But, you can install and use it on Firestick by sideloading the Android version. You can use the downloader app to sideload the apk version of Kaspersky VPN.
Why you need a VPN
While Streaming online, your IP will be exposed easily. Hence ISPs (Internet Service Providers), app developers, government agencies and hackers can track your online activities with ease. At the end of the day, you may face some legal problems if you have streamed any copyrighted contents. To avoid these problems, we recommend you to use VPN (Virtual Private Network). A good VPN lets you hide your real identity by switching your IP to different locations.
On the other hand, VPN is also helpful in accessing the media that are geo-restricted. Some of the apps/services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more are geo-restricted in certain countries. To bypass those restrictions, you need to install a VPN on your device.
After trying out several free and paid VPN services, we recommend you to use NordVPN. It is regarded as the best VPN to safeguard your privacy. While purchasing the NordVPN, make sure to select the annual plans rather than selecting the monthly plans. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount + 3 months free.
1. Launch your Firestick and click on the Settings menu on home screen.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. Click Developer Options.
4. Choose the Apps from Unknown Sources menu.
5. Tap the Turn on menu to enable the feature.
Kaspersky VPN Pricing
Kaspersky VPN is available for free of cost. But, the features in the free version are limited. You will get a data limit of only 200 MB per account. By linking your Kaspersky account, you can get an additional 100 MB. At the same time, you can’t choose the server location manually with the free version. To avoid these barriers, you can purchase the premium version, which costs
The premium version also unlocks various features like
- Optimized server for Netflix
- Automatic kill switch
- Use Kaspersky VPN on 5 devices
- Customer support via phone & chat
- Fastest servers
How to Install and Use Kaspersky VPN on Firestick
2. Navigate to the URL section and then type bit.ly/3oxAPnF.
3. Click the GO option to download Kaspersky VPN apk file.
4. After downloading the apk file, click the INSTALL button.
5. Once the VPN was installed, click the OPEN button.
6. Choose the sign-in option and configure your Kaspersky VPN credentials.
7. After signing-in, connect to the server that you want. (If you haven’t purchased the premium version, you can’t select the server manually).
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
Written by David Minister
Accessibility - /10
Usability - /10
HD Quality streaming - /10
Application support - /10