The full release of Kodi 18 is still likely a couple of weeks away, but today the kodi Foundation releases the fifth and (what should be) final release candidate.
RC5 comes with a number of important fixes.
Notable changes include:
- Correctly redact user/password in certain cases
- Fix window transparency on Android that might cause grey bars on HDR playback
- Prevent crash when resuming audiobook when there's no chapter present
- Fix crash&burn by ensuring that Abort of ScriptObserver waits for thread exit
- Fix regression from RC4 regarding “don't disable gui rendering when losing focus” on OSX
- Workaround double switching of refreshrate because we currently cannot reliably distinguish between 25p and 50i or 29.97p and 60i on playback start
- Fix missing All Albums item from music library
- Revert change that cause sorting of ANSII characters in library (proper fix will have to be done in v19)
- Fix crash on certain language characters when using PVR add-ons
- Fix crash on Windows with DVD playback after change in ffmpeg
- Fix compatibility with older MySQL databases
Additional changes can be found in the official GitHub repository here.
To download the final release candidate, click here or type www.husham.com/kodireleases in your browser, select your platform of choice and you'll find it under the pre-release tab. For Android and Windows, there's an easy-to-use download add-on available in Kodi’s repository.
Last Updated on