Do you want to know how to backup Kodi and restore your construct on yet another unit so that the two are identical? The system is simpler than you may well feel.
Beneath is a guide on how to backup Kodi, like all of your insert-ons, settings, and pores and skin from one particular system and load it on to a new machine. This trick is helpful if you just bought a 2nd Kodi box and want to preserve it reliable among the two bins.
You can also use the trick beneath to swiftly set up a friend’s Kodi software package to be identical to yours.
How to Backup Kodi & Restore Kodi On A further Gadget
- From the Kodi major menu, click on “Add-ons”.
- Click “Add-on Browser” (gear icon).
- Select the “Kodi Include-ons Repository”
- Pick the “Program Incorporate-ons” group.
- Find the “Backup” increase-on listing.
- Click on on the “Install” button then wait around a for the insert-on to finish installation.
- Return to the primary menu and click on the “PROGRAMS” menu.
- Choose your “Backup” include-on.
- Click “Backup” to backup Kodi.
- Click “OK” button when you are informed “Error: Distant path doesn’t exist”.
- Select “Browse Remote Path”.
- Pick the folder in which you want your create saved.
- Click “OK” on the suitable aspect of the window.
- Click “OK” at the bottom of the window to conserve it.
- Pick out the “Backup” insert-on the moment once again.
- Click “Backup” once more.
- Wait around a minute for the system to complete. Your entire create will now be saved in the folder you chosen formerly.
- Now you have to Duplicate this backup folder to your new product through USB or other process.
- Once the “Backup Folder” in on your New Device, launch XBMC and then adhere to actions 1 to 16 previously mentioned in buy to put in the Backup add-on on to your new Kodi unit. The only exception is that you have to click on on “Restore” rather of “Backup” and specify the restore folder that you have your Kodi create saved in.
- When your restore folder is specified, push the “Restore” perform all over again.
- Select the Restore make you want to load onto this gadget.
- Hold out a minute for the system to total yet again.
- At the time finished, you will want to restart your Kodi device and the new box should really now have your total develop once more!
Written by David Minister
Last Updated on