Kodi v17 “Krypton” Beta 6 and Release date news
And its on. KODI 17 Beta 6 is released. More or less all of the people keep asking . why so many Beta Versions. Why not release the official release and most importantly. WHY is KODI 17 going to be released.
What Is KODI?
Kodi is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. Kodi is available for multiple platforms. Created in 2003 by a group of like minded programmers, Kodi is a non-profit project run and developed by volunteers located around the world. More than 450 software developers have contributed to Kodi to date, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 65 languages.
BETA 6 BUG Fixes
First, let look at the fixes in BETA 6
• Show select dialogue for director button in the information panel if there’s more than one director
• Fix video stall on Android during skipping of video or when opening the player controls
• Fix potential memory leak in image handling
• Fix several problems in the cmake build system
• Redact username and password from the log if user has advancedsettings.xml
• Fix creating temp folder when handling add-on updates on Windows which fixes the problem from Beta 4
• Fix possible crash on handling certain fonts
• Fix possible EPG lock up
• Fix ASS subtitles on Windows
• Fix memory leak with ASS and certain regular subtitles on all platforms
• Revert change that broke RTL (right to left) language subtitles
• Force rescan of music file tags to makes use of the newest available library structure
• Fix not updating the favourites menu item after changes had been made
• Remember last used subtitle service when searching again
• Fix hash checking in add-on installer which caused certain add-on not downloading when multiple repositories were installed
• Fix conversion of POPM music tag values to the new 0 to 10 rating
• Fix several issues to further improve controller support
• Update CEC library with additional fixes
• Fix some tag reading issues from music files
Release expectation of KODI 17
KODI is taken there sweet time to release the office stable release this time, and this is now something new comparing to other releases. This could very well be related to the new update of KODI 17 platform on Windows store and Android 5.1.1 minimum install requirements.
Most are expecting the release to be a surprise Christmas or new year release to mark 2017 with KODI 17.
The official stable release and based on the last few releases, KODI 17 is not to be released until we see RC version AKA ( Release Candidate ), We might be getting RC 1 and RC 2 this month and over the coming weeks, However if this is delayed even further then we could be looking at a release in First Quarter of 2017.
XBMC Corporation is taken it very slow this time to release and trying to Iron out allot of BUGS before a stable release. This could be a counted because of the XBMC foundation going to be noticed more and more public and the media and they need to make their corporate stand against the world that would like to shut down the KODI Media Centre.
The articles that have been posted in the Media such as the one from Torrent Freak and BBC are now showing that KODI Media Center is now popular than ever, and the target is now no longer the KODI Media centre but the BOX's that has the KODI Media centre is been targeted.
“Streaming boxes have steadily increased in popularity in recent years,” said Ernesto van der Sar, from the news site Torrent Freak.
“This is becoming an epidemic,” Kieron Sharp, director general of Fact,
“We are aware that set-top boxes, while perfectly legal in their own right, are frequently adapted by criminals to illegally receive TV channels protected by intellectual property rights,” a spokesman told the BBC.
Even KODI has placed a special message on their website to make sure that the walk far away from Media attacks
The official Kodi version does not contain any content whatsoever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
KODI will remain to be OPENSOURCE Platform and despite the KODI motto of #KodiForever, the mind does wonder how KODI will continue to be if they are just producing open source content.
But with Sponsors Alientware, Byemark, Minix, Nvidia and Wetek, plus many more. The stand for KODI to being here forever might no more be a question.
Be the first to comment