D-Link DIR-882 Dual-Band Wireless AC2600 MU-MIMO Wave 2 Wi-Fi Router with 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet
The DIR-882 Works well, feels a little faster than my routers, especially the ones that can use the upper band. I have had to reset it 2 times in less than a month. Seems about the same frequency of required resets as with the N wireless I replaced with. Also not paying for fastest internet service.
Setup was slightly confusing. I did have trouble with setting up as infrastructure printers but I think that turned out to be due to old drivers on the computers. Signal strength seems about the same as my old ‘N’ router as I don’t get full bars when in my home office (about 30 feet but looking thru 3 walls and a pantry of food). All devices at that location work satisfactorily though. I did put the D-link on top of a high cabinet though in hopes of eliminating some blocking from other network devices inside the cabinet.
Location of the WPS button is easy to confuse with the RESET button. You must look closely at the tiny labels and I had to use a flashlight.
They should have put the WPS button on the front/top or at least put large, contrasting labels on it. Also, I recommend you check the Dimension of the device, the D link is pretty big, check the dimensions, including antenna height, against your planned location before buying it.
D-Link DIR-882 Features
- AC2600 Dual-band router: WiFi speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz + 1733 Mbps in 5 gigahertz) to support more connected WiFi devices to your high-Speed home network
- Stream, game, and more: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 4 high-performance antennas
- Dual-Core Processor: the dual Core Processor gives you powerful wired and wireless internet network speeds
- Multi-user MIMO technology: significantly improves simultaneous streaming on multiple devices
- Advanced Smart Beam: tracks your connected devices for enhanced WiFi speed and range throughout your home
- Intelligent quality of Service: traffic Optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Two USB ports: remotely deliver high-speed data transmissions for storage devices (One USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0)
- Intuitive user interface: for easy setup from your mobile devices and network management from your desktop
- Connect securely: WPA/WPA2 encryption for home network security
Four stream AC2600/AC3150 routers would be the new three-stream AC1900 by now if it weren’t for their higher prices. Although there are bargains to be had, the cost of that extra stream and the additional performance it brings is generally around 50 bucks more. This is enough to stop the more frugal among us from making the leap.
D-Link DIR-882 is a great wireless router. It is an AC2600 class wireless router and it surely performed well. We like this router for the strong wireless range and solid 2.4Ghz performance. We have really good signal coverage and high speed even when we get further from the router. It is also able to support a 1 Gigabit Internet connection over wired LAN and also over WiFi if you have the right devices.
We live in an era where there is an app for everything connected to the Internet. D-Link recently announced the D-Link WiFi app which lets you to monitor the status of your D-Link routers. The app is also really basic with the main feature being monitoring.
You can change the wireless name and configure some settings on the app as well.
D-Link DIR-882 Connectivity
I did turn off the smart connect feature (or whatever it’s called) on the Wireless page because my iPhone was connecting automatically to the 2.4 GHz network instead of the 5 GHz network. That might’ve been because of something I did on my Mac, though (changes sync across iCloud…yadda), so possibly not the router’s fault. Anyway, overall, I’m happy with this router so far. The price point for the feature set seems pretty hard to beat.
What type of Support do I get with the D-Link DIR-882
D-Link is proud of their support staff and their support centres, they are very excited to talk to and very happy to talk to. I really felt good after talking to them over the phone, it was the highlight of my day to talk to support that knows what they were talking about. Plus their support system didn’t make me wait forever to reach someone.. I managed to get in very quickly to the front line to a SUPPORT TECHNICIAN.. was surprised and I replied to them. HEY, THAT’S AWESOME YOU PICKED UP QUICKLY.
I think D-Link get a very high mark for their support for sure.